Results 1 to 7 of 7

Thread: Question for Jim Easley about Model Nineteens

  1. #1
    Inactive Member dstamand's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 3rd, 2003
    Posts
    38
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    What components have you gathered together? I might try it also over the next year or so...

    forums

    Dwight

  2. #2
    Inactive Member KRon's Avatar
    Join Date
    February 12th, 2004
    Posts
    6
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Hi Dwight,
    I have gathered the components from eBay. I have a pair of 416-8B's, 811Hb horn's with drivers, the Model Nineteen crossovers, and the Altec badges for the grills. The only thing I need are some construction plans. I hope that Jim Easley will answer my post and be able to help me with the plans. Thanks for your interest.
    Ron.

  3. #3
    Inactive Member KRon's Avatar
    Join Date
    February 12th, 2004
    Posts
    6
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Question

    Jim,
    I have all the components to build the Nineteens but can't find any construction plans. I was told that you were a expert on the Nineteens and may have some. I would be willing to buy a copy of the plans. I hope that you can help me. Thanks for any help you can give me.

    Ron.

  4. #4
    Inactive Member Jim Easley's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 5th, 2002
    Posts
    84
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    KRon,
    I have emailed you directly.
    Jim

  5. #5
    Junior Hostboard Member Kenn's Avatar
    Join Date
    February 22nd, 2004
    Posts
    4
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    "Greetings" from the Great White North EH!,London Ontario Canada to be exact,where lotsa music keeps us from going "wacko" in the long winters and the tubes warm our hearts and souls as well as our rooms! a great combination in my opinion, dont most all agree!!..I was sent here on a sacred quest,I too am seeking the holder of the Holy Graile(spelling),well not exactly the Holy Graile,actually only the humble Altec Model 19 plan/measurements...Todd White who is a new member at Audiokarma.org said I may find the proper measurements to build my family some copies of Model 19's...I too have patiently scoured the Canadian Hinterland and finally assembled most of the components,consisting of a pair of later 1970's 416B woofers, 811b horns and Heathkit/Altec clone 401-150?... which I believe are the needed Altec 802's,they're biggins and sound damm fine sitting on top of my Karlson's,and finally the 806 Altec drivers which I think will contain the elusive Tangerine Phase plugs to install in the 802's,the crossovers can have to wait till later...am I worthy??Please say Yes? for I have travelled far and wide with great expectations...I am looking forward to checking out your website as I have finally after all these years found a speaker that combined with the horns will be my "Final" choice..Iam 52 so I have a few more good years of hearing left before I pass them on to my son...thanks Kenny from AudioKarma

  6. #6
    HB Forum Owner Todd W. White's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 5th, 2002
    Posts
    1,865
    Follows
    1
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    6 Post(s)

    Post

    Hi Kenn!

    Go up to the top of the page and do a search of this site for "Model 19" and Model Nineteen". You should get a lot of good info on this wonderful speaker.

    When you're ready to move forward, let me know. I'll help you as much as I can.

  7. #7
    Junior Hostboard Member Kenn's Avatar
    Join Date
    February 22nd, 2004
    Posts
    4
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Thank You! Thank You! Thank you!...I would like to start off thanking Todd for pointing me in the right direction on my backwards journey into audio and would also like to thank Jim for allowing me to use the proper plans to get the very best out of these vintage components..It seems that in our all too busy lives we rarely get time for one another let alone time to "listen" to our favouite music..I offer you all a challenge..make the time for both and you will be a happier person.. in truth all of us "listen" differntly,so we hear and feel music in many different ways on many different levels, be it live or recorded.I personally have tried quite a few different systems and have finally found audio "Peace" in mostly vintage components...meaning at this point in time tube amplified equiptment,Altec horns and big woofers..and a dvd player for movies and live recorded performances..2 BIG speakers work best for me,not a bunch of little dinky ones and a woofer box...having played drums for fun in my life I enjoy the sound of a good fat bassdrum, crisp snaredrum,detailed brush,stick,cymbal, work,but also natural, dynamic,live,and emotional vocal presentaion that horns seem to convey very well...try them if you have the room,if you dont have the room, make the room..you will be pleasantly rewarded over time!! "Peace" Kenny

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
This forum has been viewed: 28131802 times.